The Racial Equity Media Collective is currently seeking an Community Manager to support and build the organization’s community base. This is a six month contract with the possibility for renewal.
The Racial Equity Media Collective (REMC) is a federally incorporated non-profit organization based in Toronto committed to equity in the film and television industry in Canada. Fueled by research and rooted in community engagement, we work to support creators who identify as Black, Indigenous and People of Colour. Founded in September 2019 by working BIPOC filmmakers, our mission is to use evidence based research to remove barriers to access and increase the production, export and sustainability of BIPOC content.
We have just rounded our first year of existence building a foundation of programs focused on community consultation, networking, data collection, research and policy work. This work has included the Solidarity Fund, co-created with the Indigenous Screen Office and BIPOC TV&Film as well as working in concert with key institutions to lead national efforts in the implementation of race-based data collection. This is an exciting time to join an organization as it grows in scope and impact.
The Community Manager will be responsible for supporting the organization’s core programming in the following areas:
- ● Leading community outreach and engagement including regular town halls, communication and industry working groups
- ● Executing a national BIPOC community mapping project
- ● Managing communications including the organization’s social media channels, websiteand newsletter
- ● Supporting industry outreach eventsRequirements
- ● 5+ years of experience in the film and television industry
- ● A developed understanding of anti-racism and anti-oppression frameworks
- ● Ability to build and foster relationships with community members, industry leaders andstakeholders
- ● Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to understand and communicate the organization’s brand
- ● Technical aptitude in applications like Google Suite, Excel, Word,
- ● Design and communications aptitude with software like Canva, Mailchimp, Adobe,website management platforms like SquareSpace.
- ● Communications experience and comfort with managing social media accounts
- ● French language proficiency is considered an assetThe compensation for this position is commensurate with experience and is currently offered on a work from home basis.
While our head office is based in Toronto, we welcome applications from across the country. The REMC has a mandate to create access and inclusion for Black, Indigenous and People of Colour. Please indicate in your application if you identify with any of these groups.
- A letter of interest
- Three communications work samples (i.e. newsletter, social media posts, editorialcalendars, photo essay, etc.)
- Your CV
- Three references to to firstname.lastname@example.org by Feb 25, 2021.
We thank all who apply, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.