DEADLINE: CLOSED THANKS FOR ALL THE APPLICATIONS
If you have barriers to access including but not limited to language, internet or physical barriers, please contact the ISO to determine appropriate accommodations and support at: firstname.lastname@example.org
ISO is partnered with Netflix to provide new funding opportunities to support training, capacity building and culturally specific approaches for Indigenous on-screen content creators.
There are two streams to the program:
- Indigenous Production Apprenticeships: Maximum funding $30,000
The goal of this program is to create new opportunities for hands-on training and career progression for Indigenous creatives who want to take their careers to the next level. Apprentices are required to have a record of production experience and demonstrate that this opportunity will support their skills building and career development.
IMPORTANT: Before applying, please read Apprenticeship Program Guidelines: READ HERE
Please note: You will be required to upload PDFs of the following documents into the application form to complete this application:
1. Completed Application Questionnaire (view and download here) Please download the questionnaire, complete it, and upload it into the application form when you are ready to apply.
2. Project Budget
3. Bio (max 500 words). For companies, please list percentage of ownership for each Indigenous owner.
4. Letters of Confirmation. For Individuals: Letters of confirmation from Mentor/Production, for Companies: Letter of confirmation from Apprentice
2. Cultural Mentorships: Maximum funding $15,000
The goal of this program is to offer the opportunity for Indigenous producers, directors and writers to engage in cultural mentorship, engagement, learning, and protocols work during the development phases of their project. This may include travel and fees to engage with Elders, language speakers, knowledge keepers and/or community members to develop the project.
IMPORTANT: Before applying, please read Cultural Mentorship Program Guidelines: READ HERE
Please note, you will be required to upload PDFs of the following documents to complete this application:
1. Application Questionnaire (view and download here). Please download the questionnaire, complete it, and upload it into the application form when you are ready to apply.
2. Project Budget
3. Bio (max 500 words)
4. Letter from mentor or community confirming engagement in this process
5. A letter of confirmation from mentor and apprentice
6. Resume/CV for project leads
Both the Indigenous Production Apprenticeships and the Cultural Mentorship Programs are open to the following applicants:
- Indigenous Individuals: Indigenous creatives may apply directly to serve as an apprentice on a production. In this case, the production and/or specialist who will be serving as a mentor may be Indigenous or non-Indigenous.
- Indigenous Productions must be Indigenous-controlled (minimum 51% ownership by person/s who are First Nations, Inuit or Métis from Canada);
For the purposes of ISO programs, “Indigenous” is defined as status and non-status First Nations, Inuit, and Métis peoples residing in Canada.
For both programs, funding is available for fiction, non-fiction, or documentary screen-based projects in all genres. The following types of productions are eligible:
- Short works
- Feature-length works
- Television series
- Web series
- VR, 360, digital and interactive works
All questions about the program may be directed to email@example.com Please read the program guidelines before emailing.